What to look at...

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Workshop Scholarship

There is an amazing photographer in Grand Rapids, MI, Amy Wenzel, who puts on workshops. I am continually blessed by her and her husband on so many levels. I recently went on to her blog and saw she is offering a scholorship to one of her workshops, Umm COOL!! All ya gotta do is tell how you inspire in a post on your blog. Luckily I recently started a blog... So for those of you whom like to read my thoughts and what nots, hear ya go...

this is my application for my scholarship.

How do I inspire?

As I look at my two year old with permanent marker on his legs, singing "Who Let The Dogs Out?" it is hard to imagine I or my life could be inspiring. I am mom, I strive to live for other people. My life goal and prayer is that no one would ever think me selfish. I continually ask to be willing to do the Lords will, and in that it helps me to speak the truth. It is hard to remain humble when asked that question. I think of what Jesus would say and he would probably spin it to not be about him. I could write you a novel on what inspires me, but the question was not that. In photography my goal is to capture people in their light, who they really are and to celebrate their life .I suppose by default to inspire. That is my only mission with photography. It took some time to get to that place. I am blessed to be a part of a woman’s photography club. These women are amazing on so many levels. One month a gal we all admire and sometimes strive to be, came and talked about “our path”. She talked about the importance of staying on your own path, not jumping from one to another; trying to be someone/something you’re not. I think that is when it “clicked” for me. I had been being inspired by other photographers, not from within. The inspired had become the inspiree. I had to re-think why I was doing what I was doing…where did I begin, where did I want to go? I began because I wanted to capture my son in an image that would actually reflect who he was. I wanted to do the same for other people. It was that simple. I recently revamped my style and have tried to be disciplined in staying focused on my goal to achieve it. I became stronger as a photographer and as a person. I feel like God has allowed photography to teach me a lesson. Know who you are, know where you want to go. Everything leads to this; Photography is a gift from God in my life. As I am beating down this path that has been laid out for me, I wonder, what’s next? I hope to define my style as I learn new techniques and meet new friends whom God can use to teach me new lessons. So I may better celebrate lives, inspire. Simply put I have never considered applying for a scholarship or thinking I am worthy of one. But here is the kicker; I know it would only benefit me and my journey as a photographer to be a part of this workshop.

To read other applications or apply yourself click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

the count